Ever considered supporting schools and colleges in shaping careers provision locally? We are looking for local business volunteers to help rewrite the story of careers education in Leicestershire schools!
We are holding a Virtual Information session for you to find out about this subject. The details are below.
When: Wednesday 1st February. Where: Online. Time: 1:30pm – 2pm
More than ever, young people need support and inspiration to help them succeed in their best next steps. With the help of local business leaders like you, the LLEP Careers Hub is driving change as to how careers education is delivered in schools and colleges. Because being involved also helps you to sustain your future skills pipeline at the same time and, engage young people in your area of work.
That’s why, to kick start the New Year, the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership is embarking on a campaign to recruit 10 new volunteer Enterprise Advisers (EAs).
The process involves EAs being matched with a local secondary school or college’s leadership team, and working strategically to bridge the gap between the world of work and careers education.
About the Enterprise Adviser Network:
- Increases engagement young people have with the world of work.
- Helps students raise their career aspirations.
- Provides an employer’s perspective on industry and current recruitment practices.
- Raises the profile on lesser-known sectors in the region.
- Supports schools/colleges to embed labour market information into the classroom.
As a result you will:
- Connect with over 80 local business leaders already in the network.
- Inspire and influence school and college senior leaders to make culture change.
- Attract young people to your industry/sector by highlighting necessary workplace skills you are looking for.
- Find how you can add to your company’s social value/CSR targets.
In conclusion becoming an EA is the perfect way to inspire your future workforce, make a positive difference and give back to the local community.
You don’t need to be an education expert, just have a passion to make big change.Contact Sonal from the LLEP Careers Hub to find out more.