We work with employers, training and education providers, local authorities and voluntary services to facilitate and develop a pipeline of talent for the skills needs of our diverse economy.
Our Skills Advisory Panel leads the strategy and direction for skills development and employment support priorities locally.
Through our ESIF programme, careers and enterprise work and wider partnership programmes we are establishing strong support for local young people and adults to help them into education, training and employment including:
- Skills strategy and Skills Advisory Panel work
- Covid-19 recovery plan for people, skills and employment
- Enhanced information, advice and guidance
- Stronger education-business links
- Local labour market information
- Capital investment to improve skills infrastructure
- ESF Skills Support, including a Leicester and Leicestershire Employment Hub
We lead on a number of working groups to facilitate planning and activity to support and enhance local skills support. The aim is to build a talent pipeline that addresses the needs of local business, and to unlock the skills, career and entrepreneurial potential of young people and adults:
- Skills Advisory Panel: leading the strategy and direction for skills development and employment support priorities
- Education-Business Links: increasing education and business links activity and lead steer for CEC programme
- LLEP ESF Provider Forum: coordinate the delivery of local ESF activity across different projects and programmes
- Building the Workforce of the Future: promote the business benefits of offering experience of the workplace
- Apprenticeships, Traineeships and T Levels: A forum for providers to drive forward actions to support delivery and take-up of Apprenticeships, Traineeships and T Levels in Leicester and Leicestershire.
We have created a range of resources together with our working groups to support local skills and employment: