European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF)
This section has information, advice and funding updates on our European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) 2014-20
|Funding allocated in 2014||Revised funding due to exchange rate in 2019||Increase of|
View the ERDF and ESF Output tables here.
Our ESIF strategy
With our ESIF allocation, we assisted the successful delivery of our Strategic Economic Plan by:
- Supporting local businesses to improve their resilience and competitiveness (ERDF)
- Provided grants for rural businesses (EAFRD)
- Helped those furthest from the labour market to access it (ESF)
- Increased local employment skills and training provision in the workplace (ESF).
All European funds required public/private ‘match’ funding of between 50% (ERDF/ESF) and 40% (EAFRD).
There will no longer be any further local calls issued under the ESIF Programme. Any future funding opportunities will be launched nationally as part of the government’s UKSPF and Levelling Up funds.
Activities are still being delivered under ESIF, ERDF and ESF and will continue until the end of 2023.
ESIF Programme E-Booklet
Filled with facts, figures and project case studies and providing a unique look at our programmes achievements.
This booklet takes a look at some of the activities as well as providing a comprehensive overview of what has been delivered to date, including supporting 5,744 businesses in helping them to grow, access grants and become more sustainable in the long-term.
Our ESIF team was part-funded by both ERDF and ESF Technical Assistance. This enabled us to provide the necessary support needed to develop funding calls based on the latest local economic intelligence and research, together with supporting those who wished to apply and deliver activities in our local area. Find out more about ESIF technical assistance visit the Government website ESIF Technical Assistance
ESIF Guidance and Help
The UK’s European & Structural Investment Funds (ESIF) Programme 2014-20 is managed by the following Government Departments:
- European Social Fund (ESF) – Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) – Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) – Defra / Rural Payment Agency (RPA)
- For further information, documents and guidance on all matters relating to the application and management of ESIF, refer to the Government website