Our Enterprise Adviser Network (EAN) team works with the Careers and Enterprise Company and the local business community to inspire and prepare young people for the fast-changing world of work.
The government careers strategy and its implementation of the Gatsby Career Benchmarks define excellent career guidance developed to ensure every young person has the opportunity to access high-quality career guidance to make informed decisions about their future.
We work with Careers Leaders to develop effective employer engagement plans to support schools in their careers planning for young people.
Enterprise Advisers are volunteers drawn from businesses who will work directly with the school’s leadership team to develop effective employer engagement plans to support schools in their careers advice and careers planning for young people.
Become an Enterprise Adviser
Enterprise Advisers (EAs) support local schools to develop and implement an effective careers strategy that puts opportunities with employers at the heart of a young person’s education, drawing upon their own business experience.
Benefits for EAs include:
- The opportunity to develop your future workforce.
- A chance to raise awareness of your industry or company.
- The opportunity to enhance local business and education links, and invest in your local community.
- A forum for employers to discuss and work together to resolve local skills issues.
- Opportunities to develop your own employees who get involved.
There are lots of opportunities for you or your employees to get involved either as volunteer Enterprise Advisers or supporting other activities.
Don’t have enough time to commit to becoming an EA? The Give an Hour campaign enables individuals to share their experience with young people in shorter timeslots.
Schools – Join the Enterprise Adviser Network
Schools and colleges that join the EAN will be assigned an Enterprise Adviser to work with them to improve careers and enterprise activity and engage pupils or students more closely with the world of work.
Benefits for schools and colleges include:
- Having a dedicated industry specialist on-site every month to help to plan, develop and improve employer engagement, tailored to the school or college’s needs.
- Access to a dedicated Enterprise Coordinator and a local toolkit which summarises local careers and enterprise provision.
- Provide learners with real–life business experience.
- Support to inspire and prepare young people for the ever-changing world of work.
Schools – why get involved?
- Commitment: Enterprise Advisers will support a school or college for at least one academic year, committing to a minimum of one day per month.
- Credibility: Enterprise Advisers will be industry specialists with a good understanding of the education landscape.
- Inspiration: Your students will be more motivated to fulfil their potential and consider a broad range of options and careers.
- Improve employer networks: The Enterprise Coordinator sits at the heart of the network of local business leaders. They will harness the relationship between you and your Enterprise Adviser.
- Be part of a network: Attend regular networking meetings, share best practices and keep up to date with labour market intelligence.