Creative businesses will gain advice on protecting their brands and products at an upcoming webinar.
The upcoming two-hour virtual session will be hosted by the Intellectual Property Office in collaboration with East Midlands Creative Consortium (EMC2).
Unlocking Creativity: Intellectual Property for Creative Industry Businesses will help and guide local businesses with regard to IP protection.
It is tailored specifically for the creative industry.
Every business owns intellectual property, whether it be its trading name, the look or the function of products it makes or uses, or the brochures used to promote company and services.
Topics covered at the session will include:
- trademarks (such as brand names and logos)
- copyrights (for creative works)
- patents (in relation to inventions)
- trade secrets (for confidential information)
Attendees will hear from expert speakers, learn from case studies, take part in a Q&A, and access IPO resources to boost their knowledge.
The fully-funded webinar is held in partnership between the Business Gateway Growth Hub, EMC², and the LLEP as part of the East Midlands Create Growth programme.
It is open to creative companies across Leicester, Leicestershire, Rutland, Derby and Derbyshire, Lincoln and Greater Lincolnshire.
Due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to postpone this event and will be in touch with a new date.
The event is one of three upcoming webinars specifically tailored towards the creative sector.
Also taking place are:
- Unleash Your Confidence with Diane Yates will be held on Tuesday January 23 at 10am, find out more here.
- R&D Credits with Ian Davie, takes place on Tuesday January 30 at 10am, find out more here.