The European Social Fund (ESF) focuses on improving employment opportunities, promoting social inclusion and investing in skills by providing help people need to fulfil their potential.
Our ESF allocation is €59.4 million and is split across the following priorities:
Priority Axis 1: Inclusive Labour Markets
This priority axis aims to increase participation in the labour market and thereby improve social inclusion and mobility. It will support the following investment priorities:
- Priority Investment 1.1: Access to employment for jobseekers and inactive people
- Priority Investment 1.2: Sustainable integration of young people
- Priority Investment 1.3: Youth employment initiative
- Priority Investment 1.4: Active inclusion
- Priority Investment 1.5: Community-led local development
Please note that following consultation at the beginning of the Programme Leicester and Leicestershire opted out of Priority Investment 1.5
Priority Axis 2: Skills for Growth
This priority axis aims to support skills for growth. It will support the following investment priorities:
- Priority Investment 2.1 Enhancing equal access to lifelong learning
- Priority Investment 2.2: Improving the labour market relevance of education and training systems
Within these Investment Priorities there are several different investment priorities. For further information go to ESF Operational Programme (2014-20) Guidance
Workforce Support for Businesses
Do you want FREE skills support for people you employ? Want to look at ways to enhance your talent pool?
Download a snapshot guide to current ESF support for employers here:
Skills Support for Individuals
Do you support people into work or training? Know someone who needs help with confidence or new skills to get them to get nearer to the labour market?
Download a snapshot guide to current ESF support programmes to help people move into opportunities here: