Provider Access Statement
Provider Access Policy – The Leicester Shire Great School (TLGS)
Written by – Careers Leader
Creation date – March 2021
Approved by Governors – Summer 2021
Next Review Date Summer 2022
1. Introduction – This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the school for the purposes of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligation under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
2. Student Entitlement – Students in years 7 – 13 are entitled:
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options evenings, assemblies, group discussions and taster events.
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
3. Management of Provider Access Requests – Procedure: A provider wishing to request access should contact: Mr Sample Teacher, Careers Lead on 011629 203261 or email@example.com
Opportunities for access: A number of events, integrated into the school’s careers programme, will offer providers an opportunity to come into school (this could be virtually) to speak to students and / or their parents. Please see this link
Please speak to our Careers Lead to identify the most suitable opportunity for you.
The school policies on Safeguarding and visitors sets out the school’s approach to allowing providers into school as visitors to talk to our students. Click here to access our safeguarding policy.
4. Premises and facilities – The school will make the Main Hall, Sports Hall or classroom(s) available for discussions between the provider and student, as appropriate to the activity. The school will also make available projectors and other specialist equipment to support provider presentations. The use of Google Classroom and Google Meet can also be arranged if required. This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with the Careers Lead or a member of the pastoral team.
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course
literature at the main reception or provide an electronic copy to be placed in the Careers Google Classroom.