Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership’s Interim Chair will discuss the opportunities of Levelling Up at public panel event next month.
Andy Reed OBE will speak at the virtual business event being staged by De Montfort University (DMU) and the Institute for Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
The event is entitled ‘A brave new world: Innovation and opportunities for Leicester’ and discussion themes will include:
- The levelling up agenda – focusing on Leicester’s potential for investment opportunities in coming years
- Innovation opportunities identified through the pandemic and what’s been achieved
- Ways of improving collaborative governance
- Economic pressures, affordability and inflation
- How to innovate, collaborate and pool resources
Innovation has been a strategic focal point for the LLEP for some time: it is one of four pillars of our economic growth strategy to support our region’s emergence from the Pandemic.
The LLEP has committed to working closely with partners as we consider the Government’s Levelling Up agenda, which is important as the White Paper suggests that LEPs will be central to new policy being put forward.
Next month’s event will be chaired by Mark Charlton, DMU’s Associate Director for Public Engagement.
Also on the panel will be Professor Rachel Granger, Professor of Urban Economics in DMU’s Faculty of Business and Law, and Roger Merchant a committee member and council member for ICAEW Leicestershire and Northamptonshire, and a Director at Leicestershire Business Voice.
- The Zoom event runs from 8.30am to 9.30am on Monday 16 May. It is open to the public and free to register online.