This September, Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service are hosting a series of business fire safety workshops (face-to-face) at their Headquarters in Birstall.
The one hour training session will help owners and managers to understand their legal responsibilities and duties under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
There are nine workshops in total across three days:
- Tuesday September 7 – 9am / 2pm / 6pm
- Wednesday September 8 – 9am / 2pm / 6pm
- Thursday September 9 – 9am / 2pm / 6pm
The workshops are FREE for all for business owners, managers and ‘responsible persons’ throughout Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. They are open to all businesses, but the LFRS especially want to support small business owners, those just starting up, and businesses that have not yet been audited by their Inspecting Officers.
They will give simple, practical advice and guidance on topics including:
- Fire Risk Assessments – the starting point for all fire safety matters
- Periodic testing and maintenance – fire doors, fire alarms emergency lighting etc. – what, when and how
- Preparing robust Emergency Fire Action Plans – what to do in the event of a fire emergency
- Mandatory fire safety training – staff inductions, fire marshals, fire evacuation drills
- Record keeping – key documents, legal requirements, certificates
- Premises inspections and fire safety audits by LFRS – what to expect when we audit your premises, how to achieve compliance
Immediately following the structured training there will be an optional Question and Answer session with their team of Fire Protection Inspecting Officers. All attendees will have the opportunity to discuss specific subjects, or ask questions to the team in an informal setting with a tea / coffee and a biscuit.
They will also provide each attendee with a fire safety ‘goody bag’ containing useful resources and guidance material to assist them in running their business.
Now that Covid-19 social distancing restrictions have been relaxed, the workshops will take place at our Headquarters in Birstall, but spaces are limited and pre-booking is essential.
It is easy to book online via the website but bookings can also be made via telephone via 0116 210 5555