To create a vibrant and thriving neighbourhood with new homes and new workspaces.
- Investment: £20m
- Project Sponsors: Leicester City Council
- Start date: April 2015
- Status: Financially Complete
Waterside artist impression
“In these challenging times, it is vital that we continue to invest in the city’s economic prosperity and future growth.”
– Sir Peter Soulsby, Leicester City Mayor
Leicester Waterside is a regeneration project that will transform a 150 acre, largely run-down former industrial site in a key location in the heart of the Leicester. The Waterside area is located to the north west of the city centre between the A6 and Rally Park and contains the River Soar and Grand Union Canal.
The area is high priority for regeneration in the city and will act as a catalyst to future investment and further development to improve the area for residents and businesses.
Leicester City Council has been working with its development partner Keepmoat Homes to acquire and prepare the 7.3-hectare site earmarked for the first phase of the Waterside development which will lead to the construction of three office buildings and over 300 homes.
- Creation of new homes – 350
- Creation of new jobs – 455
- New commercial workspace – 5,574m²
- Follow on investment – £80m
- Unlock the development of a 252-bed hotel