Join the local Apprenticeship Ambassador Network!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help to inspire students, their teachers, parents and employers about the incredible opportunities that apprenticeships offer.
We are looking for enthusiastic apprentices from Leicester and Leicestershire to sign up to the East Midlands Apprenticeship Ambassador Network. If you employ apprentices we’d like you to get involved too! You can find Employer Ambassador information here.
What is an Apprenticeship Ambassador? Apprenticeship Ambassadors volunteer their time and use their own positive apprenticeship experience as a powerful way to inspire and inform other young people to consider an apprenticeship as a career path.
You will get a great induction and support from the network, so you don’t need to have done anything like this before.Become an Apprentice Ambassador
The Apprentice Ambassador role can include any of these:
- giving live or virtual talks to schools or colleges, sharing your own experiences
- getting involved in career events such as careers fairs, class talks, or mock interviews
- get creative and help get the message out about apprenticeships such as tweets, LinkedIn posts, vlogs, TikTok, Snapchat or Instagram
- talking to businesses about the benefits of apprenticeships.
It only takes a moment to apply and you’ll be contacted in 48hrs about your application. Why not join and:
- Inspire and inform other young people to consider an apprenticeship career path.
- Develop your skills, confidence, and CV through free training.
- Share how your employer supports you on your Apprenticeship.
- Grow your local professional network by joining an exclusive Linkedin group.
- Make a difference to the career aspirations of young people across Leicester and Leicestershire.
‘Studying through an apprenticeship was the best choice I ever made! I’ve almost completed a fully funded degree with no debts, have ample work experience and training on my CV and have my foot on the career ladder. Apprenticeships shouldn’t be seen as something second best to university anymore, if anything they should be considered as a better route due to the incredible opportunities they offer’ – Charlie, Apprentice with Samworth Brothers
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.Apply now
To apply takes 5 mins. Online training to help you be an fantastic ambassador will take around 2-3 hours. That isn't all in one session; it will be in small sessions over a few weeks.
As you will be an ambassador for your employer, as well as apprenticeships, it is best to have them on board. They can always have a chat with us too.
This is a voluntary role. Ambassadors are not paid for volunteering.
The East Midlands Apprenticeship Ambassador Network (EMAAN) will handle any requests that come in from schools. You will then be able to decide if you can help that school with their request for an Ambassador.
We send your details to the the East Midlands Apprenticeship Ambassador Network and they will contact you to talk through your application. If you then want to proceed they will book you on to an upcoming virtual training session.
You will be supported and trained to help tell and share your Apprenticeship journey. You will get help and support to pull this together and the some additional training (1 hour online) to share some information specific to apprenticeships in Leicester and Leicestershire.